Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bagels and Brushes

Before the holidays I got the opportunity to work with Mikaela. A gorgeous model (doesn't she look like Halle Berry! I'm SOOO jealous) and up and coming recording artist. The shoot was for publicity shots and potential album shots. The photographer on the shoot was the very talented Matt Verzola. It was an awesome shoot full of music, sweets and Hennessey! Yes. I have one of the few jobs that allows you to drink while working..... though I usually stay away or the eyeliner will end up in the brows and the lipliner in the nose. Just sayin. And the clothing was amazing! Almost all was Betsy Johnson! I'm dying for the green dress with the guns on it! With my leather pants..... GORGEOUS! Don't mind me in the picture. I had to close my store the night before, so that is the result of 4 hours of sleep, no make-up and putting on whatever happened to be on the floor at the time..... don't even think I brushed my hair. YIKES! All in a days work.

Products Used:

Natural shots:
Face: MAC Strobe Cream with MAC Face and Body foundation, MAC Select cover concealor and models own pressed powder.

Cheeks: I believe I used MAC cream blush in Sweet William

Eyes: Lid - mix of MAC Goldmine and MAC Steamy or Waternymph, Crease - MAC Amber Lights, Browbone - NYX highlight, Brows - MAC Brun shadow, Liner - MAC fluidline in Blacktrack on top lid, and Ardell false lashes in the demi wispies I believe

Lips - MAC Viva Glam V gloss

Smokey Eye

Face & cheeks: Same as above

Eyes: Lid - MAC paint in Graphito with MAC Carbon on top blended to crease and smudged under lower lid, Crease - MAC Carbon with MAC pigment in Rouge Heritage, Browbone - NYX Highlight, Liner - MAC Blacktrack extended further out and lined in the waterline

Lips: MAC Instant Gold Lusterglass

Red Lip
All Face and Eye the same as Smokey

Lips: MAC Cherry lipliner, MAC Queen's Sin lipstick, MAC Red Romp Lipglass

Pink Lips
All Face and Eye the same as Smokey

Lips: MAC Fushia pigment mixed with mixing medium (this was fine for shooting but for real life its not easy to work with so recommend lipstick instead!) with MAC Splashing Lipglass

Un-edited photos

                             


                                           

Edited





I had so much fun doing the make-up for this shoot! And I need the earrings she is wearing. LOVE! Till next time.

Stay Tuned!

XOXO!

3 comments:

  1. adorable shootings! love the clothes and her hair + makeup!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the up-close photo in the green dress, all the makeup is stunning! You are one talented little cookie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very appreciated!

XOXO,

The Magik Mirror