Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mask of the Day {Pink Pop}

As the heat wave continues in the land of the "LAh", it's hard not to be Spring and Summer inspired. However, it is still only January, and I just can't bring myself to pull out the summer dresses and sandals. It's just not natural. So instead, in an attempt to be brighter and pull myself out of my neutrals rut, I have instead done a Spring inspired make-up look. I'm loving all the coral and fuschia cheekies and lippies! SO fresh and vibrant. If this were a shoot I would have probably kept the eyes simple. A wash of shimmer (MAC Naked Lunch comes to mind) with lots of lashes, A creme pink blush to keep it dewy and a pop of pink on the lips. BUT.... since this isn't a shoot, and is something that needs to last the day (not to mention with the humidity here my skin has become super oily so cream blush wouldn't be the smartest idea), I did more of a twist on a "classic" look.

I had just purchased two new glosses by Revlon (Pink Pop and Coral Reef). They were the exact colors of what was being sent down the runway this season. So Today I chose the pink one. In the pictures Pink Pop had more of a lilac undertone however in person it was more of a hot pink. I used a liner to define the lips alittle more for the pictures, but I think it wasn't pink enough and maybe that's why it has a more purple tone. I Loved it though!

The lighting isn't ideal. I didn't have time to take pictures before going to my store, and didn't get off till after the sun went down, but hopefully you get the idea.

Products Used:


Face: MAC Strobe cream with MAC Studio Moisture tint in Medium Dark (it's there version of a tinted moisturizer), Neutrogena loose powder in Medium, MAC Mineralized Skin finish pressed powder in Medium Deep (I use this as a bronzer. The Best!)

Cheeks:
MAC Dollymix blush

Eyes:
Lid: MAC Goldbit (this is not available anymore :( However Urban Decay Cowgirl is VERY close)
Crease: NYX Brown
Browbone: NYX Highlight
Liner: MAC Blacktrack fluidline (top), MAC Teddy kohl (waterline)
Brows: MAC Omega (lightly)
Mascara: base coat of L'oreal Lashout waterproof, MAC Falselash top coat

Lips:
MAC Dervish Lip liner (if you need a liner go pinker, this turned it more purple)
Revlon Super Lustrous gloss in Pink Pop

(please excuse dear in headlights expression, I hate smiling because I have the worlds largest cheeks!) 




And my attempt at model pose......


Well, I guess I won't quit my day job.

Tips and Tricks:
When it comes to the winged liner the best advice I can give is PRACTICE! I have been doing this for alot of years and I STILL haven't perfected it!!! And forget about being able to do it in a single swipe! I envy those who can. Brava! But one little trick I do (and I always do this on shoots) is do your eye make-up FIRST, then your face make-up. Especially when doing a smokey eye (so you can clean up color fall out easily) or winged liner so you can clean up and tweek it to make it symmetrical without messing up the rest of the face. I also have other little cheats that I'm working on a post to share with you in the future :)

Hope you enjoyed.

Stay Tuned!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous!! Love the pink lips with your eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very appreciated!

XOXO,

The Magik Mirror