Friday, January 21, 2011

Life's a Beach

A few months back I had the opportunity to work on a jewelry look book shoot, doing make-up, hair and body bronzing, with the lovely blogger and photographer Kelsi of Dedicated Follower of Fashion http://www.dedicated-follower.com. Though it did not end all that fabulously for her, some gorgeous pictures were produced from the en-devour. I got to spend the entire day on the beaches of Malibu playing in sand and sea and powder puffing a gorgeous model. Yes. This is my job.... some of the time anyways. Ha. Here are some behind the scenes and final product of our labors. (Do to legalities, the pictures must be watermarked).




Products used:
Face: A schmorgasborg of product! I combined MAC Strobe cream with MAC Face and Body foundation and MAC Bronze FX hyper Real. Then Finished with a sheer powder in T-zone areas and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Deep and Shooting Star (limited edition) for Bronzing

Cheeks: I think I used a combination of MAC Sunbasque blush and One of their peachy loose beauty powders for highlight. If you haven't tried them you should! Amazing.

Eyes: I used Stila Sun on the lid, Twig in the crease, MAC Brule in the browbone and MAC Dazzlelight on the tear ducts in the inner corner of the eye. For liner I only lined the top lid and I used MAC Fluidline in Dipdown (which is a shimmery reddish brown) to give alittle shimmer and a thinner line of MAC Dipdown (a matte dark brown) on top for alittle more depth and dimension. And my favorite mascara Loreal Lash Out in black (the waterproof one). Brows I think I used MAC chocolate brown eyeshadow

Lips: MAC Sublime Culture liner with MAC Instant gold lustreglass

Body: A combination of MAC Bronze FX hyper real foundation and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Shooting Star (limited edition)

(yes.... I use alot of MAC. It's because I have worked with them for so long)









There is a sense of pride I can't explain that one feels when looking at the beautiful pictures they've produced. Its my crack (that and my brother's pumpkin rolls! YUM!). Time to go get another fix.

Stay Tuned!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very appreciated!

XOXO,

The Magik Mirror